Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area mechanically inclined interested in helping me install some new struts/shocks and springs some time within the next several weeks?

I'd actually pay someone to help me do it, or trade your time/labor for a set of 1.6" Ford Racing springs that I have ($200 value). If you want to put these FR springs on your car, I could help as well.

Saving some $$ really is a secondary concern. Primarily, I'd like to be a bit more hands on, observe, and start to do more of this kind of work myself.

I would provide/obtain any necessary tools you don't have.

Hit me up. Thanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i took mine to Axiom and they only charged $108 dollars. thats just incase you cant find anyone. i was gonna do mine my self with a friend but i didnt really want to wait.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm planning on doing springs and camber kits this coming Wed. at my place, well if all my parts get here in time. I have a buddy going to help and I bet if you were to be able to show up and do some B.S.ing with us we could be talked into giving you a hand. N. Seattle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric D said:
i took mine to Axiom and they only charged $108 dollars. thats just incase you cant find anyone. i was gonna do mine my self with a friend but i didnt really want to wait.

Thanks for the tip. That price sure seems right. Is that for both struts and springs?

I was hoping to be somewhat hands-on, but Axiom is now on my Speed-dial, that's for sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HempHound said:
I'm planning on doing springs and camber kits this coming Wed. at my place, well if all my parts get here in time. I have a buddy going to help and I bet if you were to be able to show up and do some B.S.ing with us we could be talked into giving you a hand. N. Seattle
Thanks, HH for the offer.

Yea, my parts are on order right now as well, and I'm not likely to have them by Wednesday.

Still, Wednesdays work for me, and I wouldn't mind coming up and hanging with you guys and helping out.

Hit me up with some contact info on p/m and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
sfseals pm'd

·
Registered
195 Posts
108, my buddy went and they charged him 180. axiom is a waste, poor dyno's bad pricing and the shop tech doesnt know crap about fords. he is mechanically inclined, so basic stuff yea, but more in depth, not a damn thing. I do supsension installs and have many clients from all over the board, whether its ford, honda, nissan, volkswagons. I can do it for 50. i have my own tools, but compressors i do lack as of right now. Compressors just help with the processor due to air tools. But no biggie. Im doing a buddies sentra this weekend. but i am more than happy to due it for you. let me know, im in lakewood area.

·
Registered
528 Posts
hahaahaha Rob, am I that 'buddy' cause it wasn't 180, it was more like 130, they wanted 180 then I said cash and he said 130, lol, but that was just for springs installed

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rob, I just may take you up on that. Is it just the spring compressor you need? I can get one. PM me some contact info.

BTW: I called Axiom yesterday, and Moses there quoted $110 for springs and struts/shocks, all 4 corners. (Then again, he also promised to part the Red Sea..)

Were you guys happy with the work they did?

·
Registered
195 Posts
sorry taken me so long to get back to you sfseals. I have been outrageously busy with work, and softball going on. Soccer finals. Excuses but the truth. Congrats on the install and i can help you wih your brakes, but i heard the rears are a pain. I havent done the focus rears for mine yet(4 wheel disc) and i will when the money is right if my cars is not sold by sept.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No worries. I know what you mean about the rears. Those drums are staying put for now. I do have new pads and rotors for the front. Sounds like you're pretty well occupied right now, but if you've got an afternoon to spare, and want to have an install day some time in the next few weeks let me know. I'd really like to learn how do do this job. Of course I'd still make it worth your while financially as well.

Meanwhile p/m me with your contact info. I will do the same. I'm in Seattle.

Thanks,

Rob R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts