Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the instructions and found the relay but I can't pull it out. I tried using the tool inside the fuse box lid. I pulled fairly hard straight up but the relay wouldn't budge. Any tips?? Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same prob. you have to pull real hard. I held down the fuse box and area aurrounding R13 to stabilize it. you have to repeatedly keep pulling @ it with the yellow tool. I used the end with the bigger hook on it and grabbed the right side of R13. happy pulling [wiggle]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I pulled harder and the back cover came off but the relay stayed put. Talk about annoying. Is this normal??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Microtonal - thanks for the DRL mod but I really don't mind them. My main gripe is that I want the fogs to go on with the highs when driving at night. I barely use the fogs mainly b/c they look really nasty compared to the PIAA Xtreme-White I've got for the driving lights. It's almost impossible to find really nice replacement fog lights due to the uncommmon size. Annoying.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
MyNavyZX3 said:
Ok, so I pulled harder and the back cover came off but the relay stayed put. Talk about annoying. Is this normal??

mine did that one time just put it back on and try to pull the hell out of it again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OMG, if you have done all that stuff to your foci, then this foglight mod is a walk in the park. It is a 2 on the mod list. Just take the yellow clip on the cover and pull on the notched side of R13. Brace the area around it. You are making this harder than it really is

[?|]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, the mod's all done. Thanks. The black cover broke off (tabs snapped) so I ended up just hooking the yellow tool directly on the relay and yanked the crap out of it until it came out. I also bought some new bulbs for the fogs (Eurolite Super Plasma something) 893 rather than 899 (nobody seems to make that size). They look identical, fit fine, work fine, are the same wattage, etc. Only gripe I have is that they're whiter than stock but still yellowish compared to my PIAA driving lights. Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah, mine was a real bitch to get out too. :) I just used pliers, they're a little more grippy than the stupid yellow POS, that's a fuse puller anyways, not a relay cover puller-offer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does the 2000 and 2002 have the same fog lights (brackets & fit) ? i have a 2002 zx3.. i need to replace the fog lights. saw one in procarparts.com but listed under a 2000 focus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts