Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new here. I'm having a hell of a time with my car and it sucks. I have a 2000 Focus LX. And one day on the freeway my car stalled and wouldn't go over 30 miles per hour and would hesitate to start for a while then fire back up and once it was warned up going past 30 would kill it. So I changed the plugs and wires no change. Then replaced the coil pack and it was better for about ten minutes and my battery literally conked out which I'm sure was a long time coming. So I changed the battery got it to start again and now it won't go past 40 without stalling out it's dangerous. After I changed the battery my car started and then immediate died after about 20 seconds. So we unplugged the mass air flow sensor and the rough idling went away and it wouldn't stay on if the mass air flow sensor was plugged in. So I don't know what to do next. Any ideas? I know when I got it scanned a while back the mass air flow sensor came up on it. But it ran fine for about 6 months after that. I'm desperate. It always rattled when idling which I was told is a big flaw of the focus. I don't know what to do next. Change the mass air flow sensor? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat, Welcome to FF.

Engine type, trans type even body style often help with mechanical questions. Your info. so far isn't enough to guess between two possible engines.

Run on sentence is also VERY difficult to read. Spacing into paragraphs helps when reading on a screen.

If you have a CEL now, exact code info. would help.

Clean or replace MAF would be a GUESS right now, that might be what you're looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts