Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my management light came on and i got the code and fault but i dont understand the problem, thisis what the code and problem is:-

P1518 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Malfunction (Stuck Open) The IMRC system is monitored for failure during continuous, key ON engine OFF or key ON engine running self-test. The test fails when the signal on the monitor pin is less than an expected calibrated range at closed throttle. IMRC monitor signal circuit shorted to PWR GND or SIG RTN
Damaged IMRC actuator
Damaged PCM
An IMRCM PID reading approximately near 1 volt at closed throttle may indicate a fault

could sumone please explain this better and wot i need to do to fix it.
cheers
darren

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Either the DSI lever is broken or the DSI motor is faulty.. verify that the DSI is operating and check the lever

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If you turn the key on and get out of the car and you can hear a "whirring" sound coming from the drivers side fenderwell then the DSI clip has broken and the DSI motor is still trying to open it.

When you turn the key to the on position have someone stand infront of the car with the hood open... if the DSI is working properly you should be able to hear it cycle once (open then close)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dsi lever isnt broken and its gettin one cycle. its not whinning, av cleaned my throttle out aswell which wasnt dirty, n e thing else i can try to sort this problem out, i jst keep clearing the fault code coz the light anoys me when it pops up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts