Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone to plz tell me if i get just a muffler for my car if it will still get the good sound Meaning deep so i dont have to buy a full exhuast system i just want the sound of it and i win cause i dont need moer hp just the sound :) plz post if u know also i wil be able to take it off easyer if i need warentty work done

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you want it to sound similar to ST exhaust, chop the rear resonator, get straight pipe bent, and add a pretty stainless or titanium 3-3.5in tip. Titanium doesnt weld well, so it would have to be bolted onto the pipe (just a heads up). Low tone at idle, meaner at WOT. If you ever heard an ST, that is what yours would essentially sound like. Prolly cost $20 for the tip and $30 to get it installed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i went to one of my local shops here in lancaster..... got the resonator cut out, pipped through, and put on the smallest muffler tip they had and it sounds great! Really loud when i first got it, but now (couple years later) has a nice deep low tone too it and really growls mean when i hit the accelerator. I'm happy with it for the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts