Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did some research but i dont really seem to know what kind of exhaust to get. my birthday is coming up and my dad said he would get me an exhaust system. i want somthing thats not too loud but still get some gains with it. i dont know what brand to get. i was looking at the focussport one but im all new to this so i need you guys to help me out!!! oh and somthing that isn't too hard to install i got a friend that would hlep me put it in, his dad owns a mechanic shop and has a car lift and all

thanks everyone for your input!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have the MBRP. It is stainless mandrel bent 2.25in and works great. However, if you are wanting turbo or big cams, etc. later, I would recommend going ahead and getting 2.5in exhaust. It will cost $10-20 more up front, but will save you from having to replace it all later.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was thinkin 2.5in but i still dont know which brand to go with what sounds good, not too loud and annoying

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
well alot of people will say, myself included, that the borla has a nice and mellow deep tone, that is defintely not annoying. I would say go with that, I have it and love it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok so i was looking on nthcoast.com and i see that they have a borla exhaust for 00-03 zx3....does this fit the 06 as well? or do i need the 04-05 2.3l?? b/c i cant seem to find any borla exhaust for the 06...
someone please help!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
05 will fit an 06 car, the exhaust is the same on the new cars

·
Registered
930 Posts
the round muffler systems will fit no problem, be careful on the oval muffler systems, they might have clearance issues with the gas tank.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Focussport Exhaust

I think that the focussport exhaust sounds great and it is rated high in testing according to all the reviews I have seen.

want to hear it click on the following link

http://media.putfile.com/my-new-exhaust

I definitely will be getting this on my new ZX5[thumb]

·
Registered
276 Posts
Forgot to mention that I got the previous link from sharon5384's post. BTW...her car rocks
[:)]

·
Registered
348 Posts
You have to cut the factory out, period. UNLESS you take apart your drivers rear suspension.

There is no way to get it out with out a cut due to the size of the cat/muffler/resonator.

All aftermarket systems come in two or three pieces due to shipping and fitment issues. I did NOT cut my Borla at all, it came like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts