Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you pop open your fuse box under the hood there is a diagram. It's a 15amp if I'm not mistaken. Look for the one w/ the gas pump pictured. Just take that out and start the car and then give it some gas and the car will stall.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Filter Clips Help *Pictures Included 3rd Post*

Okay I just put my car on ramps about 20 mins ago and looked under my car...I noticed the clamps...they are shaped like a U and are incased in plastic....the open ended side has two grey clip grips do I pinch those together and slide it down the line?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone reply to my fuel filter clips thread I need HELP!

It includes pictures i cant wait any longer for a response

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
That looks like a lot of these sorts of clips.. You spread the open end of the clips as much as possible......Then pull on the filter and the line should pop loose.

My '06 was different and required prying the clip almost completely out.

This is a somewhat difficult operation to manage without breaking anything. Advance and O'Rileys sell replacement clips that might work if you break one.

There's also a special tool available....you slip it in the side closest to the filter body, and it spreads the clips. Don't know if would work...maybe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks like a lot of these sorts of clips.. You spread the open end of the clips as much as possible......Then pull on the filter and the line should pop loose.
You say spread the open end of the clips what do you mean by spread? I grabbed the two latches on the open end and pinched earlier today is this wrong?

Should i just go for the two lines connected to the filter or do I have to take the emissions line off too

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, it's squeeze, not spread. You pinch the open end and push as you're squeezing. Then, you can pull the other side (the closed end of the clip). If I remember correctly, I didn't have to take the clips all the way out - they stopped and I was able to pull the line off. Then, when replacing, you just push the clip back in until it snaps into place.

·
Registered
359 Posts
theres not much pressure.. just wait 10-15 mins after shutting off car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it's squeeze, not spread. You pinch the open end and push as you're squeezing. Then, you can pull the other side (the closed end of the clip). If I remember correctly, I didn't have to take the clips all the way out - they stopped and I was able to pull the line off. Then, when replacing, you just push the clip back in until it snaps into place.
thanks for this post...I didnt have time earlier today to reply to this post...but this is the post that taught me what to do with the clips it was a breeze as soon as I read this i put my car back up and changed it in a snap the whole time thanking myself for taking that trip to get those safety goggles.

Yes, I depressurized my fuel pump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts