Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been working on my sister’s 2012 Focus SEL all day and the final thing I had to do was update the Sync. I downloaded it to a thumb drive, plugged it in and it got started. Well, then the whole thing went black and hours later I’m still trying to get it back. I pulled both fuses, nothing. Tried holding power and the right seek button, nothing. Ran a APIM self-test in ForSCAN, passed with no issues. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Can anyone help me try to get this thing working again?

I left the car running and allowed it to update almost 2 hours, screen was black for most of that. Then I finally shut it down and began trying to get it working again. Any ideas? I’m desperate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
have you tried disconnecting negative terminal off the battery waiting a minute and then reattaching it? most electrical issues can usually be solved by removing all the power from the components then plugging it back in.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
If pulling the correct fuses that is already done.

If something interrupted the update while it was still downloading and installing then the unit may be a brick, you NEVER do anything to stop that process, it can result in corrupted data. Like bios updates on a computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts