Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says I need help. I'm being told two different things by the two stereo shops in town. I know I need a dash kit and possibly an antenna adapter. They both have told me that. The thing thats different is one is telling me its a normal Ford wiring harness, the other is telling me its huge harness that costs $60! I called Crutchfield and they said its the normal Ford harness, which I already have from my F-150.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Alright, well not excatly sure which one is concidered normal but...
Both places were right.

The normal will allow you to hook up your HU with only one issue I ran into the accesory power didnt match up so I have work it little different with the one wire.

The expensive harness will allow you to still be able to use the aux port at the bottom and I think maybe the screen aswell. I didnt care cause I took out the screen and dont really car about having two aux ports and a usb.

·
Registered
0 Posts
First Question as I've had the dis-pleasure of working with the 08/09 Sync System, do you have SYNC?

Second Question so I can make sure you are getting what is right, are you doing a Single or Double Din Headunit?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have SYNC.

I want to install my Alpine IVA-W200 that I had in my '06 F-150. The nice thing is, it is already wired to that harness.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dayum bro that is very nice....is that capable with a system that does have sync with it....yours is clean as shizit

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks, Ive put a bit of work into the inside of my car.

My HU is not compatible with sync. Well if you want to use sync. If you have it and dont wanna use it (wouldnt see the point in that) you can. I do belive you can find some HU that are compatible with sync. I am deff not an expert on that and the wireing of sync but from what Ive heard, you would have to find a HU compatible with sync, and get the really expensive wireing harness. I think I saw it for $110.
Just dont quote me on it because being the poor basturd I am I have the S model with no sync :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ahh nah bro its cool...i really wouldnt mind putting the money into it...i work at bestbuy i can get somewhat of a deal with the vendors were corporated with.....i may have to do some research on that...i did hear it was possible

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, just installed my Alpine IVA-W200 Thursday night. Looks good. I'll try and get some pics up when my wife gets home from work with the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had a pioneer avic 700bt installed not too long ago and yea i did need to buy an antenna adapter. the wiring harness was the normal ford one which i got on ebay for like 6 dollars lol. and yeah ull need the indash kit which was 50 bucks on ebay. so its not too much money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paid $45 for the dash kit and $10 for the antenna adapter at a local stereo shop. Installed it myself. Didn't have a chance tp get pics today, will try tomorrow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thats cool. yeah i wanted to install it myself but its cold as hell out here in Jersey and plus i work at best buy so i just had my friend do it there so if something ever goes wrong i can juss go back there and they juss fix it for free. but yeah i woulda done it myself cuz i dont mind installing radios lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are the pics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts