Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so all year i have a cel for a bad dpfe and the only time i ever fix it is right before inspection. So this year i fixed that and then another code popped up right after that. I cant remember the code # but it was for the rear 02...catalytic deficiency or something. Obviously it came up because i have a race header. So i used my old o2 cheater from my last 02 sensor and now its throwing a new code...rear 02 malfunction, i assume its because of the wiring now. I've never had a problem with an cheater before and its the exact materials listed in the diy on this site. Not sure if it matters but i'm using a brand new bosch o2 sensor, not what came stock. Help is appreciated since i have to get it inspected this week!

Is there any other way besides a cheater or chip/tune to kill that rear o2 cel?

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Put the factory one back in there, Bosch is garbage. I've had more problems with aftermarket sensors in general on Fords than I care to talk about. If that doesn't fix it, maybe you didn't get a good connection on your wires.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
^^^ true... bosch has never worked well for me..

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no cat. I used the cheater on the stock sensor and had no probs, looks like i'm goin to the salvage yard to grab one. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts