Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My o1 focus se (automatic ztec dual overhead cam) w/200k has a been hard shifting since I did a road trip last week in pouring rain & took it to a shop and they were able to pull a trouble code P1747 Electronic Pressure Control Solenoid - Short circuit ...& also said it was saying somethin about the catalytic converter was coming up too. they just hooked it up to the computer for free...

I changed the fluid and filter and the fluid looked watery brown since its original and found some little sandy stuff in the pan but not much.

I dont trust the tranny shops and hope I can get this done on my own CHEAP!

Please help!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code P1747

I show P1747 as, more specifically, a Pressure Control Solenoid "A" (PCA) Short Circuit.
Diagram/pics here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239722
You may want to look there first.
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the diagram & this is a ford non refundable part ($100)that had to be ordered and I just spent the whole day at the junkyard and think I found a good valve body with everything on it but was hoping it was a wire or something and have no clue on how to test it before pulling the pan AGAIN which is a pain in the ars. I cant afford or do i really trust the the tranny shops and want to fix this CHEAP myself!!
I am ready to pull it but and try the EPC thing before I go through the trouble of replacing the valve body.

I was driving in heavy rain and noticed my radiator fluid was low & put 3/4 of a jug in and wonder if that could have done something...

I also pulled the battery cables for 15 minutes and drove it today but still hard shifting & saw something about reseting the codes will make the computer relearn??

Sorry to ramble on but I need this car to get me from St. Louis to Phoenix for a new job when I am on my last borrowed buck

Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts