Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my turbo finally in and working. Only problem I have now is that my idle is suffering. Seems like it misses alot and has a big miss to the point of almost stalling every now and then. Especially after coming to a stop.

I have looked at the datalog to see if I could find anything out, not that I really know what I am looking for. From what I see the MAF Volts range from .4-.5 at idle. Don @ LaSota told me that sould be around 1.0. I have conducted many leak down tests and found one but that has been taken care of already. I can only guess that somewhere in my Base Tune is causing all of this. I have a 3" HT Performance Blow-Thru MAF w/ a 2005+ Mustang GT MAF Sensor. It could also be the 60lb/hr Injectors. I am not sure. I had swapped the OEM MAF in place of the GT and it still seemed to shimmy. I really think it might be the tune for the 60lb/hr injectors.

Any help would be great.

O yea, I checked the little gasket @ the Throttle Body in case you read this Mark. It is still in place.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Did you call Don?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goinloco1 - actually the turbo is more on the undersized end of the chart. I believe the copmpressor is a .42 and the exhaust is a .48, Is this right mark??

Tom - I will get the STFT1 Today, can you take a look at my SCT XCALII datalog if I send one to you? Appreciatre your help!!

Sporadic - Could you correct me if I was wrong on the A/R size for the IHI. I have been trying to call him.

To All - There is one SCT Authorized Dealer here in Hawaii and they usually are booked 1+months out and want around $500 for tuning. I have the than a month left here before deployement and don't have $500. I really appreciate everyone's help!!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Thanks to Tom!!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't even know the exact size of this turbo unfortunately. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts