Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I posted a long time ago regarding the idle on my '05. Well I've been playing around replacing bad O2 sensors, cleaning up others that were fouled and just giving the car the attention it seems to crave.

So the situation has improved dramatically but still no the way it should be, so started searching for a vacuum leak which should be easy to hear except I'm f*cking near deaf, and this car has the factory air cleaner changed out to a Spectre so there is lots of air moving so hard to tell.

Well today I finally found it while poking around behind the intake with a long screwdriver.

Please help me know what hose etc to buy before I start tearing things apart. It's my only set of wheels, and I'm at least a 45 minute drive to anywhere I can buy parts so i want to be prepared once I start.

I've got some pictures of it.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,207 Posts
Looks like the pcv hose that is attached to the crankcase breather. Best to remove the intake manifold to replace it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the pcv hose that is attached to the crankcase breather. Best to remove the intake manifold to replace it.
Yeah that was what i thought just going off limited knowledge of these Focus'. So tell me, other than just buying the new hose, is there anything else i need to get? Once I start I'm not going to be able to have any of those "Oh shit! i forgot to get ___!" moments LOL

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,207 Posts
Yeah that was what i thought just going off limited knowledge of these Focus'. So tell me, other than just buying the new hose, is there anything else i need to get? Once I start I'm not going to be able to have any of those "Oh shit! i forgot to get ___!" moments LOL
There are a few YouTube videos that you can watch. I have not done it yet although I bought a hose for my 06. Mine is ok but I need to pull the intake to replace my positive battery cable so I picked one up to put on at the same time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2014 SE with manual transmission (thankfully not the DCT)...I'm also trying to locate a vacuum hose in order to introduce CRC intake valve cleaner spray. The brake booster line is not very accessible...any other vacuum line recommended?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts