Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2003 SVT Focus with the HID headlamp option. I have two questions.

I noticed that one of the little parking lights blew out. The little ones up at the top outside corners of the housing.

I looked in the owners manual and did a search on here but I am not sure what bulb it uses. Does anyone know?

Also, it looks like i will need to remove the whole headlamp to get at these bulbs. Is there a how-to anywhere on this?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well, I don't know the bulb personally, but my usual method of finding out what bulb is needed when I don't have a list ... take the bulb out and check the model number. :)

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
I can help with the bulb size but not on the how to

HID (mach/SVT) headlights
Low Beam (HID)............................................. ......D2S
High Beam.............................................. ..............H7 55w
Turn Signal............................................ ................3457
City/Parking........................................... ...............W5W/194/2825

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
^thats the info i needed too!
i was looking everywhere on here for that info too. my passenger one went out a few days ago.. this info should be saved somewhere for people with the HID to look at when their bulb goes out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping to be able to take the bulb out and check but it's not that easy.

Is the how-to on removing the whole headlamp the same as the stocker halogen units?

If so thats great. I removed the two bolts on the top of the headlamp but it obviously wont come out that easily. I looks like I need to remove the grille as well. Is this true? Is the headlamp bolted from underneath the unit anywhere?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
yes, you have to remove the grill and there might be a bolt there (you have to have the grille out to get the headlight out anyway) and there is definitely one on the bottom of the headlights that you have to lay on the ground and reach up to (jacking the car up will make it easier (you'll have more room). When you put the headlight back in put the bottom bolt in first, it'll make your life so much easier lol (it's near impossible to get it in with the other ones tightened down)

and +1 to egman, but only because he begged LOL [:)]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, you guys are the awesomest. Now I can spend some time tinkering with the headlights and shifting my clunking front sway bar back to center after my last track day.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
no problem man, thanks for the rep! haha your swaybar clunks too lol

once you take them in and out a few times it's a breeze, it can be frustrating the first time though lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts