Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help, only running on 2 cylinders. i have code PO350----Ignitioncoil primary/secondary circuit malfunction. plugs and wires are brand new so i replaced the coil and had no luck. checked voltage for the electrical going into the coil and it checked just fine. getting absolutely no spark from two posts on the coil though. same happened with the new coil. dont know where to look now. any help would be appreciated. this is my dd and need it running asap.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
could be the pigtail. did u check at the coil? or at the plug.

·
Registered
497 Posts
With a new coil, wires and plugs it must be an issue with the control circuit for those two cylinders. You obviously checked for power at the coil but did you check the integrity of the control circuit? If you had an issue with the power wire to the coil you would have no spark in any cylinder and a primary ignition circuit failure for both coils in the pack.

You need to check the integrity of the black/green and black/orange wire between the PCM and the coil. Also, try disconnecting your alternator and any aftermarket electrical devices and see if you still have this problem.... Resistance should be virtually nothing, no continuity to ground and no continuity to power.

Likely your issue isn't related to RFI from the alt or a cell charger because usually RFI just messes with the PCM's ability to monitor the ignition control and not it's actual ability to deliver a good spark. If you have no spark you likely have a real issue, not RFI.

Either way, the PCM grounds the black/green wire to soak the primary coil for cylinders 1/4 and the black/orange for 2/3.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well grinder you were right to have me check the wires again. turns out one of the wires just fell right out of the plug. i didnt notice because it had slipped back in the loom a little. so i soldered it up for the time being until i can order a new plug. running like a champ again! thanks for the help. rep added.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Good news! Glad she's back on the road

1 - 9 of 9 Posts