Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be sending my car to the body shop to have the side skirts and bumpers painted and was planning on removing them myself to save some labour.
For the most part it looks simple but I figure a little guidance from someone who's already done it wouldn't hurt
Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
Side skirts require a bit of prying. The skirts are set into place by little plastic clips that are pretty tough. In swapping the 3DC pieces onto my sedan I broke more than a few OEM clips so maybe grab some extras before you get started. A plastic pry tool with some tape on it is the only tool I would suggest using for that. Start from the front and work your way back, after the first few the rest is a bit easier as you'll have more leverage, but be careful not to pull too hard and damage something.

For the front lip, do you mean the OEM front valance?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Yes I mean the front valance

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Thanks.
Yes I mean the front valance
What are they charging you for the paint job. I'd like to have mine painted since the plasti dip is stating to come off on the sides. The fronts/rear are holding up good though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
They sell a tool for removing those push pins.or a flat head screw driver just work it never pry just 1 side.. very easy there is 6 under the side skirt 2 on each end. Door jam part of the rocker just pull it off the clips by pulling up and out. It is just clipped in a channel. Once the first 1 goes you'll understand. Once again very easy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts