Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had installed an aftermarket JVC CD Player and with it came the faceplate/bezel with the lower "storage area" below it. I'm having trouble removing it. I didn't install it, Circuit City did. I need to remove it so I can install an iPod adapter. It looks like there are two tabs on the top, which I've already removed, and then there appears to be 2 cutouts on the bottom of the faceplate. I tried pushing those in and tugging at it and I also tried slipping a piece of thin sheet metal under it and it didn't give either. Any ideas? Thanks very much!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
can you post a photo?

if it's just the trim ring, then it should come off by pushing up on the top and down on the bottom while pulling out.

if it doesn't have a trim ring, and is enclosed by the adapter, then it may be the one that has a tab on either side down low locking into the large opening

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. I had to remove the stereo using the tools in order to get the trim to pop out. It looked like the trim had to come out first, and according to the directions, it should have. Thanks for your help FocusInCali.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts