Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to repair my son's focus after a large rock did alot of damage. I had to replace the radiator and had the fan shroud and fans off. I have a red connector that I can't find the other connection to it. It comes off the wiring harness on the passenger side of the shroud towards the top. Any thoughts??? It is a 2003 wagon with the Ztec motor.

I have pictures but don't know how to insert them.

problem 2 is the horn won't work. I checked the fuse and connection at the horn. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Open a photobucket account. Very easy, takes a few minutes. As for the horn, if you can hear the relay click under the lower dash then the horn is no good. It's common because Ford mounted it in a terrible location. They just fill with water and die out. Very simple repair. When new one is installed, it should be relocated. That's simple too.

http://register.photobucket.com/?ref=joinus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terry
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the diagram and the connector is not on this page. It appears to be in a wiring harness that is not with the cooling fans but it comes off the same harness that the upstream oxygen sensor comes off of. The harness is also connected to the fan shroud. Do you have that diagram? Thanks for looking Gary

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
No I don't. I did look at my car though. The only wiring I see is the O2 sensor you mentioned, and a wire that goes to the water pump. It's not red, but it's the only one I see.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Possibly the connector plugs into the back of the power steering pump ? It the pressure switch. Runs like you said, across the fan shroud, from driver side to passenger side.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That is a COMMON connector to ask about, since it comes off of a harness you wouldn't expect...

AND nothing "tragic" happens if it isn't connected..

It's to tell the computer when there is a high load on the steering, so it can raise idle throttle opening to prevent stalling...

Luck!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
A/C is the only thing I can think of.

I can't recall exactly where it belongs though. I removed my A/C long ago. But follow the A/C lines from below the power steering reservoir and you should find it's home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts