Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[???:)] yea im tryin to take my door pannal off so i can replace my outside door handle on the passage side. i have got eveything loose and the only thing holdin the doorpannel on is the window crank. i dont have power windows and i cant get the door pannel off bc of the handle that controls the window. im kinda in a hurry could someone please help me. thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone Please Help Quick!!!!!

yea im tryin to take my door pannal off so i can replace my outside door handle on the passage side. i have got eveything loose and the only thing holdin the doorpannel on is the window crank. i dont have power windows and i cant get the door pannel off bc of the handle that controls the window. im kinda in a hurry could someone please help me. thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help Me Pleasse Someone Quick!!!!

yea im tryin to take my door pannal off so i can replace my outside door handle on the passage side. i have got eveything loose and the only thing holdin the doorpannel on is the window crank. i dont have power windows and i cant get the door pannel off bc of the handle that controls the window. im kinda in a hurry could someone please help me. thank you

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
use a long screw driver and pry the little clip off. you gotta use a bit of force to push the DP in and then pop it off.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Take a thin rag and slide it in between the trim ring and the crank handle, this should allow you to take off the snap ring that holds the handle on the crank mechanism.

Mike

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
dude...this is the third thread, in both of the other ones someone gave you advice...stop posting and read.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Usually a special tool is sold that fits between the door panel and the crank handle to pop out the clip that retains it. You have to place the tool either inline with the handle or opposite (different on different vehicles) and push towards the handle.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I got mine off w/ just the screw driver no special tool needed. it has a set clamp. just pry the spacer that is between the hndle and the panel apart from the handle and you can see it in there. All you do is pull it up. Make sure when you set the clip back in you make sure your handle is where you want it too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can also use a towel, I use to, but I usually grab a small, long screwdriver. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts