Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
I have a 2007 st with 60000 km, I'm having problems with my power steering, i noticed that it was leaking and after looking at it it appears to coming out of the cap. So this morning i started it up it ran for a minute and then i pulled it into the garage, i immediately opened to hood and saw the fluid oozing and bubbling out,also the pump is making a squealing noise when i turn the wheel either direction. Do i need a new pump or is it something simple that a just don't see. Please help if you can.
Thanks Paul

·
Registered
941 Posts
are you still in warranty? Or is 60000 km out?

If so, take it in to the dealer.

If not, and if it were me, i'd start by flushing the system and getting a new cap and see what that does.

maybe someone else can chime in also.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the cap is not under pressure like the cooling system so skip that. if your pump is squealing, then most likely that is the culprit. If you are under warranty, take it to the dealer, if not then buy a new pump at the auto parts store [thumb]

·
Registered
406 Posts
is it hard to turn or normal....did you possibly overfill the reservoir? if you overfilled it when you turn the wheels it will push excess out throught the cap it has to go somewhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts