Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna start in advance if there's another post with this same subject, there's over 1300 different discussion threads in here and it would take forever to go looking thru them all.

So here's my problem, I have 2002 Ford Focus Zx3. Cars been running fine up until this past week, when I go to turn the car on I get the door chimes like normal but when you put it into accessory the chime changes to one single long note, there is no reaction from the dash cluster, same from the radio. Anti theft is still active (red blinking light by haz). I've pulled both the battery, checked all the engine bay fuses and replaced a few relays with new ones but still she's not starting. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,437 Posts
Does the Starter Relay click when key is turned to Start position? Might swap with similar relay to see if relay is bad.

If an automatic, could be the Transmission Range Sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the Starter Relay click when key is turned to Start position? Might swap with similar relay to see if relay is bad.

If an automatic, could be the Transmission Range Sensor.
No starter clicks either, think dead battery after you've run the juice out, turn key and nothing except that single warning tone.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Does fuel pump run for a couple of seconds when key is turned to Run?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does fuel pump run for a couple of seconds when key is turned to Run?
no sound from fuel pump, its like the only things getting power are lights (interior, headlights; tail lights), door chime & alarm system. Swapping in a new battery doesn't change anything.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
So, no dashs showing on odometer?

The ground wire at the negative battery terminal over to the fender is the one pbfoot is referring to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no sound from fuel pump, its like the only things getting power are lights (interior, headlights; tail lights), door chime & alarm system. Swapping in a new battery doesn't change anything.
So, no dashs showing on odometer?

The ground wire at the negative battery terminal over to the fender is the one pbfoot is referring to.

will give that a try when I get off work later

·
Registered
24 Posts
Make sure the car is in park by jiggling it some, maybe try starting in neutral. Also, make sure you are pressing hard in the brake. I have seen that switch cause similar issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
unfortunately think its the harness at this point. I've been letting my roommate borrow the car since I replaced the relay and fuse, she started having the same issues once again while he was at HEB however this time, bigger alarming issue. Electrical smoke coming from the fuze box and engine compartment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anything can happen, not ruling that one out. however she hasn't been sitting long enough for nests to be build. Starter was replaced a month ago, so any number of things could have happened, just gotta pull her apart and find out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts