Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to buy my build # decal for my svt. the car is infra red and i will be buying black rims and tinting the windows soon. so i was thinking about going with black for the decal but should i go with flat or gloss.

thanks for the help

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I vote gloss. I have a gloss one on my car, but I didnt think of flat when I got mine. The flat would look really cool on a black car....gloss paint and a flat build number....

here's mine, the picture is from the day I took pics of my balling donut [rofl]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
gloss black! thats what I have!

and put it on your hood not on your bumper

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I like it better on the bumper, but thats just me, and i would go with gloss

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I have a color no one else has. Ask Hillyard about it. I can make it for $10 + paypal fees. It's a dark metallic grey. Looks really good.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
i got gloss black on mine as well. you should niteshade or tint the side makers, and park lights on the grill. and have the car red/black. i have mine silver/black no yellow parking lights anymore and makes the car look better imo..check mine out..

·
Registered
65 Posts
My car is infrared to and i bought a gloss black build # and looks awesome. Now that i saw Pumpkin SVT i am taking it off and getting another one on the hood

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
My car is infrared to and i bought a gloss black build # and looks awesome. Now that i saw Pumpkin SVT i am taking it off and getting another one on the hood
[woot] it looks so much better on the hood![thumb]

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
my car is silver and i'm gonna prolly get a gloss black one. unless i can find a nice silver one, but prolly gloss black since widowns are tinted, tails, sides, and grill lights, and plan on getting the eap's blacked out as well. and mine is deffinatly going on the hood.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I have a color no one else has. Ask Hillyard about it. I can make it for $10 + paypal fees. It's a dark metallic grey. Looks really good.
so like $11 shipped? pm me....I want to try the hood idea thanks to pumkin lol. Do you have any pics? I have an extra one just like the one on my bumper, but if it really looks as cool as you say.....

Sorry for the thread jack [slap]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
my car is silver and i'm gonna prolly get a gloss black one. unless i can find a nice silver one, but prolly gloss black since widowns are tinted, tails, sides, and grill lights, and plan on getting the eap's blacked out as well. and mine is deffinatly going on the hood.
yay another svt owner putting it on their hood!! [lockdance]

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the help guys im going with gloss black and im putting it on the....

HOOD...because it does look better... what about another on the back. like lower right hatch lid

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I think one on the back might be over-doing it...but that's just me

Although now that I'm thinking about it, it could look cool. I say DO IT and post pics! But I think the numbers should be smaller, about the size of the SVT emblem letters and definitely at the bottom right corner. Like my checkered mirrors, if it ends up looking bad it's only vinyl and can just be peeled off lol

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
so like $11 shipped? pm me....I want to try the hood idea thanks to pumkin lol. Do you have any pics? I have an extra one just like the one on my bumper, but if it really looks as cool as you say.....

Sorry for the thread jack [slap]
I do them for $12.00 shipped. Now I know you can get them elsewhere for like $8.00. But mine are 3" tall compared to others that do 2". Another perk is I also give a second in 2.5" tall or smaller if you want.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I got mine from tfb for like 10.00 and they gave me 2.

yocrew can I see that color you have that no one does?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm well aware that other people can get them for you. But like I said. I do them an inch bigger and let you pick a second size of your choice.
Hillyard is the only person with the color. He has a thread posted of it.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Put it where Saleen put it....on the bumper ;) here's a pict on my RED one......

1 - 20 of 35 Posts