Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
way it works is im going to make my own short ram intake ( or just buy the tube) and then put my own filter on it. and thed id add some other tuff ( due to my hood and other crap)

so here it comes down to

i can get a K&N filter thats far bigger then it really needs to be ( but that give me a long service life etc...) for about $40, itd be esy to install and well all the ups and downs of a K&N filter

that or i can go with an ITG filter of a decent size for $83 !!!! now ive herd that ITG filters are better then K&N and i beilve it,(they use them in F1 cars) but for the price is it worth it?

im most curisous if there have ever been tests done with them, or side by side comaprsion on the same car. i also would like ot know if the filters really stop more grime etc while having a lower prusser drop. i know they have a little animated chart, but just how much of that really matter is my question?

the bigest help would be to see a dyno run on the same car changing only the filter. hell i guess a compare to the drop in ITGvs. K&N drop in would prvoe well

but i guess sense the K&N ill be getting will be bigger then the ITG, of course i can probly get a bigger ITG lol.

i just need some help from people who have used both. or have info about them!

anyhelp would be nice! however i would like nubmers and hard facts vs "ive herd that" cause well people say all sorts of stuff :p mostly wantign to know WHP increasae and also filtering abilty, waranty, cleaning

many thanks to anyone who can help!!!!

levi

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
They also use ITG in WRC Rally...if you can afford it, I'd say go for it, they're supposed to be superior to traditional cotton gauze & wire mesh filters because they both filter smaller particles and have a higher dust load tolerance (can go longer without needing to be cleaned.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so um anyone got anything to back this up? cause i know alot of companys( not car ones in alot of cases) that adevertise great things, and that there better then everything else.......

so i ask if you guys got any proff to bac kthis up? (3rd party testing etc....)

thanks for the votes, sept now im tied again :p

levi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts