Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and not too familiar with the end links.

I've heard others buying Moog endlinks but they're the same length as the factory. My foci front end is dropped roughly just under 3". Now my endlinks are hitting the frame from the sway bar having a pre-load.

I've found these links and they're adjustable and only $98 shipped:
http://www.flatoutmotorsport.net/Adjustable_Sway_Bar_Endlink_SET_p/link270350.htm

I know http://dominanteng.com/ has them but they're made to order and cannot wait for the fabrication.

What are others running for their sway links?

ALSO i need new front camber plates. Im running SPC and I've already have had to take it apart and straighten/flaten the plates out. What other camber plates i can run that wont break the bank?

Are the Eibach front camber plates better than the SPC? I know about K-Mac but they're WAYYY to expensive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
IMO the dominant endlinks look better than the others but if you cant wait you cant wait. As far as camber plates Fswerks has some for about $100 less than the Kmacs but you have to modify the strut tower for them to fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FSwerks plates or nothing. I think the Eibach are SPC plates IIRC.

On the endlinks talk to Matt (Cobrawannabe) he makes adjustable ones as well and he's easy to get a hold of.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now thing is, since im running H&R coilovers, with the FSWERKS race camber, is it true I WILL have to run the H&R race springs w/hats?

Does this go with the K-Mac plates too?

Im asking cause with the FSWERKS race plates and the H&R Race springs w/ hats are a total of $450 shipped.

I've found these Kmacs to be $380 shipped and doesn't state anything about using Race springs. How would these install?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now thing is, since im running H&R coilovers, with the FSWERKS race camber, is it true I WILL have to run the H&R race springs w/hats?

Does this go with the K-Mac plates too?

Im asking cause with the FSWERKS race plates and the H&R Race springs w/ hats are a total of $450 shipped.

I've found these Kmacs to be $380 shipped and doesn't state anything about using Race springs.
http://www.wildponymotorsports.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1511&idcategory=0

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Nifty Idea but not my bowl of cereal.

I would like to know if anyone has used the Kmac plates before as linked on my previous post.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
The Dominant ones are the better looking ones for the same price shipped but I guess you can't wait.
I would be interested in a set of front swaybar links though, I have a Dominant set but the heim joints don't have any like stiffness to them and it flops around. and makes noises when going straight. I'm not quite sure how to adjust it so it doesn't do that. It tightens up when the wheel is turned or when one side is compressed from a bump or uneven surface.
That's the only downside of the heim jointed ones

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ what type of noise?

Cause right now any bump that'll make my front wheels travel more than 1" vertical will cause a nice lil "Metal on metal" clunk.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ what type of noise?

Cause right now any bump that'll make my front wheels travel more than 1" vertical will cause a nice lil "Metal on metal" clunk.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Dude u double posting lol. I have the spc too. Its tried and true just go with the FSWERKS camber plates and hats like im going to do. Also looking for endlinks also thought about some doms but he is just overworked

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
it's like some sort of a metal shuffling noise like loose endlinks.
I have no idea how to adjust it so there is tension on it. I was told to make it a bit shorter and longer but then I finally thought about it.. if i make it shorter or longer, the entire bar just rotates and goes with it and it's still loose.
The only way there is tension is if the wheel is turned

1 - 13 of 13 Posts