Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make a stealth intake for my 04 Zx3

any help is greatly appreaciated

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
go to the store, like a performance store, order a stealth intake from them, pick it up when it comes in, and put it on ur car!!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Guess I don't get the question.
K&N drop in panel filter flows just fine and makes about the same power as all the CAI/SRI stuff, which isn't that much more than the stock paper filters.

Oh wait a minute, this is a PZEV isn't it, lifetime filter and what not?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no.... its a Zetec 16 valve DOHC
just trying to save money ===hope soon i will be able to get a real intake

I am just asking because I saw in a how to post a guy made a "stealth" intake

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
anything?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
how bout this...... I picked up a cone filter with a diameter that fits 3" - 3 1/2" intake tubes....... (just note, it takes the middle of three ring sizes) make sure it has one of those metal bands on the end of it as well, so you can screw the clamp onto the end of the intake tube....

take the top half of the box off, the one connected to the intake tube.... that just uses a regular flathead screw.... 3 or 4 of them. to get the actual box off of the end of the tube, you need a T20 torx bit or screwdriver (whatever's shortest, the one closest to the front of the car is at a very bad angle....) there are two screws at each side of the box-tube connection.

just leave the bottom half of the box connected, as it has connections for the snorkel and valve cover breather hose....

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[hah] wowwwwwwwwww forgot that i even posted this.....

i have since put a K&N panel filter in ........

thnks for the replies as i might do this sometime [cheers]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts