Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This is my first post but I need a little bit of help. I have a 2012 se, 5 Speed and for valentines day my boyfriend is buying me an exhaust for my girl.

Problem is I don't know where to even start looking. I'd love my car to sound a bit meaner, more muscle car sound than high pitched.

If anyone has suggestions for brands, where to purchase or anything like that I would greatly appreciate It. Thanks in advance!!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
FS Werks. Small company in CA that focuses manily on the Focus and Fiesta along with other Fords, T304 stainless, good price, double tip, great sound, good customer service made in USA. The race exhaust is LOUD (I have it and don't mind, but it isn't for everybody), so for something more subtle, go with the stealth. Had their systems on all three of my Foci. With shipping you're looking at $500-$600 depending on which one you get. Other people will probably suggest Magnaflow, but the FS Werks is a bigger 2.5 inch diameter.

Stealth

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...tem-ford-focus-tivct-2-0l-2012-2013-hatchback

Race

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...tem-ford-focus-tivct-2-0l-2012-2013-hatchback

For the record, I think I was the second person on here to get the exhaust when it came out. I pre-ordered, and I had my on before it was fully released to the public back in the day. And, also you can't make a four cylinder sound like a muscle car. However, throw intake in along with exhaust, and this car sounds more like a boxer motor out of a WRX. It has a great idle, my buddy tells me my car sounds like an idling boat. It's agressive.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I personaly have always gone the custom route. I just go to my local muffler shop and tell them i want a 2.5 inch exhaust with magnaflow muffler and let them do their work. i've always been satisfied. just make sure you find a good shop that has good reviews. its always been cheaper for me this route too. i've never paid more then $350 for a full cat back stainless steel exhaust.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved this over to the appropriate performance section where you can find more threads detailing different exh. options.

Welcome to FF!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts