Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to figure out what kind of LED bulbs I can put in the visor/mirrors? I didn't find anything in the manual to help me. When I was looking at the mirror it doesn't look like you can get to the bulbs from the front so I took out the mirror housing to attack it from the back. If you do take it out be aware that it is wired so you can only take it out about four inches. On the back side there is a metal back plate that prevents you from accessing the bulb and I didn't feel comfortable prying at it so I am hoping someone has a good idea on how to get these bulbs out without breaking anything. [cheers]

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is from the FAQ on this site on posting pictures:

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm not sure if this will be any help. I remember reading that the LED bulbs are expected to last the life of the car, so you may have trouble finding a replacement bulb or removing them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct for the license plate LED lights. The visor mirrors do not have LED bulbs in them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My bulbs came in today and it was very easy to install once you pryed off the back plate. The plate is able to snap back in even if you take it completely off. I think it looks really good.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Visors look good. So a T5 bulb is the one in your link?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts