Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive got like 3 or 4 shifter knobs that have the alen screws on sides so i can screw them in and secure them tothe shifter bar.so my dilema is with the reverse lockout i cant put on a knob with it cause it wont let it come up high enough to use the new knob how can i rig it or fix it where i can use my knobs?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
you should just get a knob that screws on like mine. it keeps the reverse lock out.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I just put one on my focus...ummm I kinda had to rig it to get it to fit well but here's how it turned out. I got rid of the reverse lockout on mine...it is still there but I rigged it to the upwards position permanently. With the allen screws, I didn't use them at first becuase I couldnt' figure out how to get it on there but then I decided I would just screw them on most of the way until they were pushing into the plastic insert inside of the knob because that allowed the insert to be solidly fit and then I screwed the knob back on. The allen screws were in just enough that they allowed the plastic insert inside the knob to thread its way on. If you the allen screws in just the right depth they will actually contour to the threading on the shaft and you can torque it down pretty good. But I wouldn't recommend removing it again more than a few times or else you risk stripping the plastic insert.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
kickstar said:
you should just get a knob that screws on like mine. it keeps the reverse lock out.

terri screwed a knob. [rofl]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts