Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically my haynes manual doesnt say how... cant find it online well i ordered a new shifter base a while back and i got it installed but for some reason i cant get this bushing i have a picture of over the bronze covered shaft, maybe i installed the spring wrong idk? please lmk how to install the assembly completly and correct if anyone can, my cars already been down a week. And also lmk if the bushing is in good working shape or if i need to order a new one, i know one of the fans is broke which is why i figured it wouldnt work. and if i need a new one can i get the part number? Because i already went to ford and they said they dont carry it anymore. thanks-john

the bushing

the shaft it attaches too

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Try using this as a general guide: link
You've likely not got the spring on incorrectly or, on the back of the spacer on the side opposite the clip (what you call a bushing), you haven't got the three tiny tabs engaging in the holes so that the spacer is flush. If the spacer isn't flush, the shaft won't go through far enough for the clip to engage fully. It's all about aligning the bits correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts