Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rhinoliner!!!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok we have a heat index of 116 today, i pull into my driveway, ebrake up, open door, hit the lock button and shut the door. my key is stuck in the ignition (broken tumbler) so i use my FOB. well i didnt turn the car off when i locked it. so i naturally pull the battery to kill the car. but id assume since its in the on position, the FOB wont work. anyway, my ? is can i coat hanger the door open. 03, zx3. power locks and windows. HELP LOL

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
yes you should be able too... alarm won't go off since there is no power.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If the car is a automatic and is in park i would assume the key fob would work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not saying this as fact, I believe if the key is in the ignition that the fob will not unlock the doors. It's a safety feature so that someone doesn't open your locked doors when you stop for a light or any other reason. My brother told me about it with his Explorer when I had accidentally locked the doors at a carwash and had to wait for my son to come over with his spare key to let me get in the car. 35 miutes idling in a car wash bay because I was not used to electric locks!

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
dont know name of device but they have them at car washes its a pump bag you slide it on top of door pump and gives you space to hit the switch with car running i would go to carwash ask them the name and purchase one good luck

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
How long has it been that you haven't fixed that ignition lock cylinder? You're over 1k posts, so surely you've seen where we advise everyone with the old style ignition lock cylinder- that's the one where the key hole is off center towards the bottom of the car- to remove it before it locks up. For those of you who have this lock cylinder, it is much easier and cheaper to replace it before it locks up. Replacing it before it locks up is as simple as turning the key. After it locks up, you have to drill the ignition cylinder out, and hope you don't end up damaging the steering column in the process.

Now for UC- oooooooh the nightmare of having only one key and locking it in the car. You need the pump up wedge pasta described, or something else to wedge between the door and the body- and use rags under it to keep from scratching the paint. If you don't do that, you'll rip up the weatherstripping.

Best of luck bro- even if I did rip you. [grinking]

·
Rhinoliner!!!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its only been acting up for three days And I get paid fridayy so it'll b replaced then. I ended up pryijg the door open Android popping the trunk door. And no the fob will not work with the key in the on position

1 - 7 of 7 Posts