Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Ford Focus with the 2.0 SOHC engine for my son and I to have as a project car. I am having trouble identifying what this part of the engine is. If you are looking at the engine, it is on the far left side of the engine under the coolant reservoir. It's appears to be on the end of the engine block and comes up. It is about 4 inches in diameter, and it looks to be rusted out but maybe it is supposed to have a cap on it or something. This is the first Focus I have owned and trying to become familiar with it. I have attached a picture to help identify, but this is not my engine. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor mount?
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think it is a motor mount because it does not mount to anything. It just sticks up on the end of the engine and does not connect to anything. Maybe it was the same casting for different engines and that is a part that is not used on this particular engine.

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
I'm pretty sure @steelheadguy is right, its the motor mount. See this thread, blurry pictures (because photobucket sucks) but you should still be able to see what it is:

Use the second picture here, you can rotate it 360:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure @steelheadguy is right, its the motor mount. See this thread, blurry pictures (because photobucket sucks) but you should still be able to see what it is:

Use the second picture here, you can rotate it 360:
Ok thank you both. Now that I see those other pictures, even though blurry, that looks like it. It is missing the cap on the top of the mount so that is why it looked so different. Thank you both for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts