Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help please. I have a 2001 Ford Focus SE SOHC. its a Hose that goes from the Reservoir/Coolant and splits from a Tee Connector then into the Engine. I cant find the part number to them or what the part is even named and I have tried AutoZone, Napa, Oreily, Amazon, RockAuto. I need help please, and Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ford part number ys4z-8k012-ac. Our friends at Village Ford have them for $31.61, and they're also available on ebay.

The tee includes a check valve, so it's not as simple to duplicate as it looks.

Reid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so very much sir, If only they made this part like metal so it wouldn't break so easy, I live in Arizona so the hot heat with old plastic don't mix (fixing cylinder head and adding gaskets and moved it without any force and it snapped like nothing) Thank you again for your time, help and guidance! �� now I just have to find a good price with shipping cost haha"

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Rocket science. Simply pull hoses and cut the two crimp connectors carefully off and buy a cheap metal tee using worm drive hose clamps to fix it for cheaper and bulletproof. $10 or so............they make the part like that to force you to buy dealer and to lower inventory as well as increase individual part sales. Or, not in your best interest there. Why they use plastic now routinely all through the cooling systems, they know they the parts have a lifespan much shorter than the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rocket science. Simply pull hoses and cut the two crimp connectors carefully off and buy a cheap metal tee using worm drive hose clamps to fix it for cheaper and bulletproof. $10 or so............they make the part like that to force you to buy dealer and to lower inventory as well as increase individual part sales. Or, not in your best interest there. Why they use plastic now routinely all through the cooling systems, they know they the parts have a lifespan much shorter than the car.
You'll also need a check valve. It's not just a tee, as I already pointed out.

Reid

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
I stand corrected if that is so, but possibly the check can be recovered to reuse again. Odd to have a check there, so many ways they can stop working under those circumstances. But who am I to wonder about Ford after some of the idiot things I've seen them do?

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Looking at first pic shows if a check in there it would have to be very small, meaning probably just to bleed being the hose that it all dumps into. You may well be able to do away with it but I'd feel better about it by looking at rest of the cooling hose layout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts