Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, i have a 2003 svt that i did work too. Got a garett t28 turbo kit, spec stage 3 clutch with aluminum flywheel, etc. I did work to the motor as well. The bottom end is mostly rebuilt and few things to top end. I had a mechanic install all of this. I drove the car for about 2500 miles breaking in the motor with a basic tune i receieved with the kit. I did not beat on the car at all. I was driving in 3rd gear and it sounded like it popped outta gear. Now my car has no gears. Its been sitting in my driveway for a month now. You put the car in first gear and let the clutch out and it just idles. It does that for every gear. Any ideas on what this could be? I live in central jersey and need to find a good performance shop. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thank you all

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
are you positive its not? have you had someone standing outside looking under the hood to see if the linkage moves when you shift inside the car?

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
Im curious who did the tune and the kit , and why havent you tuned it yet , 500 miles is all you need for break in

It sounds like to me that you may of broke the clutch or the DIF in the trans

Tom

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey I'm in Jackson. If your close I can swing by and take a look. I'd recommend Big Daddy Performance for your tuning, Dwane/Mike are great, they've been helping me. They have NA and FI experience with the Focus. Their shop is sick they do all Down's Ford performance option installations.
PM sent

·
Registered
592 Posts
Might be clutch....I use to run nitrous on my car and blew the springs outta the clutch disc and they wedged between the pressure plate and it wouldnt go into any gears.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i have had someone stand outside the car and the linkage moved. I'm not the best with cars but ive had problems with the linkage popping off before and had to put back on. I dont think thats the case here. I bought the kit from xiosmotorworks,com .. i didnt get it tuned yet because a shop told me to put some miles on the new clutch and flywheel.. ive called dwane and mike about my car.. It seems to me they don't really have time to do my car. any other ideas? i really hoper its not the clutch considering i just bought it

·
Registered
251 Posts
X3 with clutch or internal trans (more likly clutch)

Did you break the clutch in easy for the first 500miles? No engine breaking, WOT, launching, etc...
I have heard of problems with the spec clutches. ITs time to take it apart again[:(]

·
Registered
56 Posts
This Happened to me when I did my clutch. I Thought I had installed the clutch wrong or that it was defective.
I went through the whole procedure and turns out my "helper" didn't push the driver side axle all the way into the transmission.
The end of the axle is splined then it has a groove in it going all the way around the shaft about 1 inch from the end, That is so the retaining ring holds the axle in the transmission. And then its splined again, that is what takes the power.
If the shop didn't push the axle in all the way, the car will drive for a while untill it slips out, and it will do exactly as you described.
I am almost positive that is what happened.
So before you drop the tranny again, check the axles to make sure they are in all the way.
Oh and change out your trans fluid, because you probably have metal shavings from the axle in there.

Good Luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
wouldnt it leak out the trans fluid????
No, it didnt come out all the way, just like 1 inch from normal. The seals were still working. You cant pull the axle all the way out without unbolting the spindle's bottom bolt. I found it to be the easiest way, and if you only remove that bolt you wont mess up your alignment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts