Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally new to the performance foci world. I just bought an 03 ZX3 w/auto.......I know, first mistake right? Well, it's for my wife and she doesn't know how to drive a manual which is why we now have the auto. What can I do to give it a little more zip so she doesn't get passed by kia's a and hundies? She wants the same prformance as my Cobra, but I told her that would be close to impossible unless we swapped the engine out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.......

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
First off. Welcome to the forum

Read around in the performance sections a bit, lotsa stuff you can do, some of it depends on budget.

The easy things to do right off the bat are a good intake and exhaust combo, they can really make a difference

·
Registered
479 Posts
help

You shouldn’t have to apologize for having an ATX...thers’s a bunch of us out who like our ATX’s.
Any of the bolt-ons will be OK eg. CAI, Cat-back exhaust, 65mm TB, UDP, SVT suspension & capped off with a tune, like an XCAL. The most important add-on for an ATX car is the chip, because it can be programmed to tighten your shifts (which saves the trans) & raised the shift limit to a higher rev. at WOT.
I would stay away from FI for now, your ATX won’t like it. You can always upgrade to a FI with a Lentech performance trans later if you decide that you want more speed.

·
Registered
862 Posts
With either of the suggestion I made your trans will work fine. There are modifications made to the tunes that will help the trans. You can buy all the bolt ons you want and the ATX will only go so far and never come close to the performance of these kits.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ATX For LIFE! Be proud of your Focus no matter if it is an ATX or MTX! Do it all! CAI,Cams, Head, Race Header, Catback, Cam Gears, Power Works SC, & SCT Chip + Dyno Tune. Your wife will love you for it!

Respect the ATX!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts