Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically I need the right side light now. I just got this one. Never seen these before. I think they may be Canadian spec, but not sure. Not European AFAIK, seen them on European Parts' site. Although if the Euro ones are post '02 facelift lights I wonder what the old ones looked like. Need to find the other light!!! Anyone with pics/info please PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup, that's a Euro spec taillight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These are the ones European Parts.net has, are they post-2002 facelift lights? If they are then does that make the one I'm getting a '99-'01 European light? Either way, I like it and still need to find a passenger side light somewhere...any ideas? Don't think they're Euro spec-no rear fog light. All the Euro spec saloons on ebay UK have the same (2nd pic) lights that European Parts has for sale. They didn't change them for the '02 facelift at all. This is a mystery light I guess. Have to get the part number off it when I recieve it.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmm.... there's a guy on FocusCanada.net that installed them, but they're the 2nd picture.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been scouring the net for hours looking for a taillight like this, can't find ANY! I have never seen this style before. Just like our US spec lights except for the amber turn signal section. I bought this one and now need the other one, the guy I bought from hasn't emailed me yet on where he got it or if he has more...

·
Registered
91 Posts
this is not the canadian model we don't have the amber turn signal, the canadian taillight is the same as the us model

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stll trying to find more info on the taillight in the top picture... ANYONE have any info or even seen these before?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I recieved the taillight today. Here's what I know so far. It actually does have the amber turn signal section. There are no SAE or DOT numbers molded into the bottom of the lens like my stock all-red lights, leading me to believe that they're non-US in origin. The part number for the stocker is XS4X-13441-CA or ASY YS4X-13405-HD, both numbers are on the back but I'm not sure which one is which. I assume the "ASY" number is the number for the whole assembly and the other one is the lens. The "mystery" light's numbers are XS4X-13441-HC and ASY XS41-13405-HC. Been trying to cross reference or decode the numbers, but all the decoding instructions I've found so far don't go past the '90's. Also the stock US light has a manufacture date of 8/99 and the "mystery" light has it as 11/97. I am assuming this is a European light right from the Focus' launch timeframe since first year was 1998 in Europe. So for now I'm stumped, I need someone that can either decode the part numbers or someone across the pond to verify a country these were used in. I want the passenger side light....LOL. Thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts