Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've owned this car for a few years and when I bought it it ran like crap because it had a bunch of vaccum leaks so I fixed all of them but one. I partially fixed the problem but I would like to fix it correctly. So when I got it the guy had a small hose connecting a metal vacuum hose to this nipple looking thing under the manifold and it was leaking air bad so I just put a cap on it and the car runs way better but like I said I would like to fix it correctly.
i have a boosted svt but the nipple is connected to the catch can and the metal vacuum hose is deleted so I have no idea how its supposed to be connected.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is that under the exhaust manifold? If so then that’s the pcv valve. You can replace all components through Tasca ford I believe keep it all motorcraft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that under the exhaust manifold? If so then that’s the pcv valve. You can replace all components through Tasca ford I believe keep it all motorcraft.
Thank you I was pretty sure that was part of the pcv but I didn't want to say it and look stupid. Thanks alot for the help it's been killing me trying to figure this out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the specific hose you're missing. Due to how close to the header this stuff is, that hose and the grommet the PCV valve goes into often degrade from the heat and start leaking.
Okay do you happen to know the part numbers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
These are what I used:

• PCV valve - Ford YS4Z-6A666-BA (or SMP V317)
  • PCV valve elbow - Ford F8CZ-6N664-AA (or Gates EMH174)
  • PCV valve hose - Ford 2M5Z-6N664-AA
  • PCV grommet - Ford F5RZ-6A892-A (or Dorman 42059)
Elbow was solid and had to be chipped off, along with the grommet. The longer hose was purchased because it had a pinch crack in it and had vacuum leak issues. Alternate codes are from RockAuto

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect thank you so much I'll be ordering today
These are what I used:

• PCV valve - Ford YS4Z-6A666-BA (or SMP V317)
  • PCV valve elbow - Ford F8CZ-6N664-AA (or Gates EMH174)
  • PCV valve hose - Ford 2M5Z-6N664-AA
  • PCV grommet - Ford F5RZ-6A892-A (or Dorman 42059)
Elbow was solid and had to be chipped off, along with the grommet. The longer hose was purchased because it had a pinch crack in it and had vacuum leak issues. Alternate codes are from RockAuto

·
Registered
9 Posts
Assunta is on it!

also check that the hard line running underneath the thermostat housing and ignition coil (2M5Z-6758-AA) isn’t blocked or rusted, and check the oil separator for rusting/leaking as well (the stamped metal box the PCV valve goes into under the header, 2M5Z-6A785-AA, discontinued).

Both are much easier to see from underneath the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts