Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so on my way to work I was cruising at highway speeds when my radio cut off. Didn't think to much about it cause thought my aux cord had just come unplugged. Well after it turned off I could hear a loud tickin noise from the dash. And the needles on the cluster started bouncing ( see video). I don't think it's the alternator as this was replaced 3 months ago. Suggestions or anything I am flying out of town tmrw and need to figure this out or else I can't make it to FF.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab350/Tom-E09/066ce5c4.mp4

·
Registered
467 Posts
sorry sounds like alternator or battery, but most likely the alternator crapped out again. where did you get it from?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I would recommend checking the alternator pig tail. The wires at the connector are known to go bad or pull out of the plug. Mine acted very similarly and that was the fix.

Part # 1U2Z-14S411-TA

my dealer wanted $46, Tousley had MSRP of $39 and "your" price of $26. I was able to get my dealer to give it to me for the $26.

Give that a try, its a pretty cheap fix if that is it.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. If my car makes it back across town ( work on the opposite side of town from my house) I'll check those. I did disconnect the power wire for my sub (don't have an amp yet) cause I'm thinking it could be causing a short.

Idk where my parents took it to get it done. I was out of town when they did it. Hopefully they get back from England today so I can ask.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Yeah I have to agree either Alternator or Battery. Have you cleaned the terminals at Battery lately? Corrosion may be your problem, but doubt it. Get the battery load tested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts