Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you may know my Focus died. Its sold now and I have my dads 2002 Mazda Protege for the time being.

The Focus and Protege use the same headlight bulbs, so I was going to just swap my HID kit over. So I hooked everything up and fired them up, and they worked first try! So great right? No, I went to test the high beams and the bulbs turned off, I turned off the high beams and just tried lo beams again and they wouldn't come on.

So I thought maybe I blew the bulbs? Ordered new bulbs and installed them, still nothing. So I replaced the fuse on the wiring harness, still nothing, checked the wiring, nothing, swapped one of my ballasts to my friends car to see if there was something wrong with the ballasts, but nope. So I'm stumped, I don't know what could be wrong, I mean they fired up first try but now nothing seems to work. Also the stock halogens still work so its not like I blew something on the car.

Thanks

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nvm figured it out. For some reason the hids werent liking the drivers side headlight harness.

So I plugged them in on the passenger side and they work. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts