Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a friend that is selling a complete turbo kit besides the most important part- a chip or sfm system. its a T3T4 60 trim with the wastegate, manifold blow off valve and all the plumbing 42 lbs injectors and a 75 mm mass air. He wants to trade it for 1800 dollars in parts plus llike 600 dollars. My problem is My head has been raised to 10:8.1 compression. should I do thiso or use the money on more all motor stuff? Nothing like hearing the pssssh..

shawn

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zetec3- I could do that is i had the money. Since I got the focus my plan was to go with toms kit as it's the best hands down,
maybe I could get a head out of a junker and put that in??

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i think that price is rediculous...if your gonna spend that much for a used kit from a so called friend. do toms DIY kit and pick up a turbo, you won't be paying too much more for new with even more

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
fastfoci5 said:

maybe I could get a head out of a junker and put that in??
Ya thats what I was suggesting, and the FMI kit is a little pricey so if you do do this the cheapest tuning option would be tom MIC kit, but I would call and see if you can just get the chip since you already have the other 2 parts of the kit.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
I would buy the turbo kit, and then get a FMI from tom www.focus-power.com and then buy a pectel T2 at www.mcnewsautomotive.com and then go to a junkyard and rip the head off of another zetec and you should be set.
why would he do that? he could just buy Toms complete kit and would be easier and cheaper than that, if you want to do turbo shawn, im sure you could find a stock head easy, and im sure someone would buy yours

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this friend is someone I met on a forum as a lot of people do on this forum, the kit comes with a spearco intercooler. Is that even a good turbo to use, I'm new to Forced Induction

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ya the T3/T4's are typically very good turbos to use.

And mofocus he asked about tuning and the pectel was the first thing to come to mind and I also was not aware that it came with an intercooler. With the pectel its the last thing he would ever need for tuning if later down the road he wanted to build up his engine and go for big power, not quite sure you would be able to do that with something like toms chip.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not a name brand kit so to speak, If you look on clubfocus a member by the name oleg-teamstealthzx3 is selling the turbo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fastfoci5 said:
the kit comes with a spearco intercooler.
Don't let the SPEARCO name fool you.Spearco doesn't even manufactor intercooler core.They buy core from outside manufactors and weld there tanks on it.
Spearco core is bar/plate core and isn't much, if any better than the next bar/plate manufactor.
From what I have heard and researched some of the most efficent core is extruded.
The shop that is going to be making my kit uses it alot.
Here is the picture they have on there site.
http://www.mentaladdictionmotorsports.com/intercooler.htm

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i wouldnt touch it considering that Cr you would need some mad tuning to get that to run properly.

did u deck the head or get new pistons??

for the cost of that turbo kit, plus engine management, new head, + labor i dont see it being worth it IMO

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help, I decided no to go with it as seening I rather do other stuff with the money, I was calculating it all up last night and I was slightly under a new focus-power kit. Some day I will be getting toms kit. Thanks for all the help!![thumb]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts