Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know you guys are probably sick of these what next mod shuld i get threads, so i'm sorry. but i cant make up my damn mind! i dont have the money now, but i want to know what to start saving up for:) i am more of a 1/8 mile kinda guy, so something with a little more power is what i'm looking for, or something that makes it feel nicer.

i know throttle bodys are better for throttle response and stuff, but it seems like something i'm interested in. i'm kinda scared to do a header, as i dont have experience doing that stuff bymyself and shops here are like oh we cant do that you'll get fined blah blah. i dont want to change my intake, or my exhuast(might get trubendz sometime but its not needed now) i cant wait to get the focussport tune, but i dont know if i should do some other stuff first. are there other mods i am missing that are pretty good ?? oh also i'm looking for something like 400 dollars or less...which probably narrows it down hahah

·
Registered
649 Posts
why don't you want to change intake? CAI is a pretty good power/price mod

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bacarl said:
why don't you want to change intake? CAI is a pretty good power/price mod
b/c i've hydrolocked my engine before ...so i made a short ram and i'm really really paranoid

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I would third the tune buddy. I think your car--being an automatic, will really benefit from a tune. The difference between the CAI and the short ram you have is not going to be incredibely noticeable..but the tune will make your car drive so beautifully!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm selling my other car soon , for like 1000-1200, and i'm going to use half of it on mods, the rest on debts. guess i could get the tune, and the bs delete(possibly...i dont know how hard it would be for me to install. i havent much mechanic experience) at the same time. how much time do you think it would knock off my 1/8?(i know prob not much, i'm not expecting to be 1 second faster lol). currently i run about 10.80 consistently in HOT 105+ degrees. in colder weather (was only one night back in january) i ran a best of 10.4

·
Registered
60 Posts
The tune definately seems like the consensus, but I don't know that I'd spend the money on at this point because once you do get the header and the tru-bends tec. you'll have to get it re-tuned. Just seems like a bit of a waste on money to me, but for the interim might not actually be a bad way to go...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know , the car i was selling backfired on me and no one wants to buy it now, seems some problems arose(easily fixable but no one wants to buy it for the price i need). i'm thinking maybe fixing up the car(its a 93 civic 5speed) sell my focus...and trade the civic for a new civic si or a vw gti(i like getting new cars that no one has in my town. i want a cobalt bad but theres like 6 of them, the ss's, and about 50000 bases) what do you guys think about that? i still owe ~11k on the focus

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Yeah you should get that new SI you want and come race me and I'll win [:D]

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Keep up on selling the Civic. You should be able to figure out why it's backfiring. Is it carbureted? I think Honda was still using carbs on Civics as late as 93. If it is, and it's a 1.5 or 1.3, check the vacuum hoses on the carb on the back side of the carb where you can't see. Usually those are the ones that cause issues in those cars. Whatever you do- don't mess with the carb A/F screws. Clean the car up really well and make it as spiffy as possible without spending any money- someone will give you what you want for it eventually. I usually advertise cars for $500 more than I need to get for it because that's what most people will offer first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts