Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First off I hope I am posting this in the appropriate place, if not let me know! :)

So I'm a first time car owner deciding between 2 ford focuses that both appear to be in good condition. Here are the facts I know:

1. 2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 - $4500
76K, automatic, silver, consistently maintained, 4 door

2. 2003 Ford Focus Zx3 hatchback - $4500
56K, standard, twilight blue, brakes redone, scheduled oil changes, wheel bearings and battery replaced, coupe
*I have never driven a manual before but I am willing to learn

I know this seems slightly vague, but I was curious if anyone had any suggestions/comments. I need to make a decision quickly so any input would be much appreciated. Also, any major tips for buying a used focus? Questions I should be asking owners? Thanks a lot!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
First off, both the ZX3 and ZX5 have the exact same dimensions. The only difference is the extra doors so you wont gain or lose any interior room between the two.

Now for my choice. Although the extra doors are nice, I would hands down pick the ZX3 for the manual, lower miles, younger age although not by much, color, and new bits and pieces. Just check and make sure the clutch is either new or not worn out.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Go for the ZX3. It could be the 2.3L for all you know (which is rare). That and the auto trannies tend to go bad prematurely if not properly maintained.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Definitly the zx3. if it has the 2.3 it would be badass. and learning manual is pretty simple especially if you have driven anything manual before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts