Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing fell off my car doing about 60, so I figured i better go back and pick it up.

My guess is that it's the front of the air intake, anyway what is it and where does it go?

thanks

PS it's a 2006 2.0L duratec

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
I've removed my stock intake off my 05 and i dont recall seeing a piece like that..

Hmm, ya got me.

Just curious, have you slid under there and just looked for something "wrong" ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had i look under the hood and everything looked in place and i also took a look under the engine as well

i went for a good drive, ran fine, sounded fine and the temperature was fine

what could it be...

EDIT: is the 2006 air intake different from the 05 at all?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
looks like an air intake resonator

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i'll check there, prolly have to remove the splash guard right?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
You sure it was off your car and you just didn't go over it and it looked like it came off your car?

·
Registered
165 Posts
That came off your alternator. There is a 2 piece plastic shield/air deflector on the alternator. The first piece has three nuts holding it to the alternator then 2 clips hold this piece to the first.

When it gets approved see pic in my gallery

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks foci3 you are exactly right, i actually found that out just before I read your post.

The 2 plastic clips apparently broke off so now it wont stay in place. Honestly i don't want to take the car to the dealer because if i have to drive another courtesy vehicle i will probably drive it off a cliff.

Having said that can i just get some epoxy and put it back in place?

EDIT: or can i order that part online?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would use a small amount of silicone sealer, not epoxy, so that if it needs to be removed it can be. This must be removed first to get the alternator out. If you use something permanent it will have to be broken to remove.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, i'll put some silicone on her, it should hold eh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts