Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the euro locking hood lock in the mail today, but it came with no instructions. So I assumed I knew how to do it and me and a friend started to take out the old one and put in the new one. well we had it outta the box and it unlocked when not on the car (just the top part not the bottom part) and never fully went into the chamber so I assumed it didn't need to. Well I took off the black box it came attached in, since the stock one never had it and screwed it in...well the lock was never fully in there, but with the hood not pushed in the top latch still opened. we tightened everything up and closed the hood. now it won't open at all and the key WILL NOT turn...obviously I did somethin wrong but how can I fix it?!?!? arg!!!!
-Joe

·
Registered
370 Posts
seems like you have something on a bind b/c when a key lock like that one is on a bind it wont move..try have somebody move the hood left to right and up and down while you try to unlock it!

·
Registered
320 Posts
you have to put a spacer on the rod i had a problem with mine to put a spacer on the litter part of the rod.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bfh?!?!? wtf?!? lol..anyways it's all good I cut part of the grille out cause the key wasn't goin in all the way :D Thanks all :D

silver---I was thinking of the spacer but I couldn't find a way to weld or keep it in place :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts