Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ac had given out got the ac running with just replacing the Heater Blower Motor Relay for about a month i had it and boom the ac went out again the relay is melted from the bottom dont know where to start wanted to see if some vet focus people could help me out where could the short be ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
the ac had given out got the ac running with just replacing the Heater Blower Motor Relay for about a month i had it and boom the ac went out again the relay is melted from the bottom dont know where to start wanted to see if some vet focus people could help me out where could the short be ???
Me personally, I would pull the intake pipe and air box out of the way, then chase your positive power wires from the battery to the relay/fuse box and fele the whole wire for any melted spot on the jacket.
The EGR pipe is directly under those wires, and they can settle onto it and short out.

Of course, it could just be your relay fried due to its own fault, but, that's pretty rare.

Check the wire connector that pligs onto the ac compressor.
See if it is soaked or shorted to anything.
Make sure all of your grounds and battery connections are clean incase it was a poor ground causing overheating of the relay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Me personally, I would pull the intake pipe and air box out of the way, then chase your positive power wires from the battery to the relay/fuse box and fele the whole wire for any melted spot on the jacket.
The EGR pipe is directly under those wires, and they can settle onto it and short out.

Of course, it could just be your relay fried due to its own fault, but, that's pretty rare.

Check the wire connector that pligs onto the ac compressor.
See if it is soaked or shorted to anything.
Make sure all of your grounds and battery connections are clean incase it was a poor ground causing overheating of the relay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using FF Mobile
X2

Pulling too much current, caused by a short circuit will burn out relays and blow fuses. It's important to go through slowly and leave no wire section unchecked. If you find a section near heat that feels harder than the rest of the wire (ESPECIALLY if you flex or squeeze it and you hear a cracking sound), it's been cooked and needs to be replaced. Just to rule it out, if you can get to the blower motor connectors check the resistance of them and let us know what you find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,429 Posts
X2 again, old blower motors increase amp requirements to often begin to melt parts supplying them like relays. If the socket is melted it will simply do it again, the socket needs to repair too. May be some trouble with blower resistor adding to that.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top