Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running a set of PIAA bulbs for about 6 months with my stock headlights and harnesses. They cost me 80 bucks for the set at ORW (offroad warehouse)....and the low beam on the left side stopped working. I did some investigatory work when I realized it, and the highbeam still works fine. I checked the fuse and it is not burned out and I also took the bulb out and shook it and I didn't hear anything.

SO...is it possible for the lowbeam to burn out and for the highbeam to keep working??
Perhaps one of the wires got singed or something? I honestly do not know. But I don't want to have to fork out more money for a high performance bulb that only lasted 6 months.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Yes the bulb will still work.

I, too, recently (1 week ago) had my $15 ebay bulb burn out. The highbeam still works because that's a different filament, these bulbs got 2 filaments, unlike dual hellas which have a different bulb for the highbeams.

also, I noticed my bulb didn't rattle. I assume the filaments are tight and compact unlike incandescent bulbs which is basically like a thin coil spring.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Ryan. Do you think I will be able to get this thing replaced free of charge?? I would really hope that after 6 months it would still work. Stupid POS...maybe i'll just get some HIDs lol.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well you will all be happy to know that my headlight turned itself back on. I don't get it!

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
i put euro light xennon bulbs in the headlight housing and i milted the plug all the wires just barely touching the bulb socket look at that some aftermarket bulbs are too hot

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah I bought some of those for my old jetta...melted the hell out of everything and almost caught my motor on fire. So this time around I spent 80 bucks on a proven piece and I love 'em....not too hot either..just right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts