Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My usual garage just went out of business, so I'm looking for an independent garage in the Providence RI or nearby Massachusetts (Attleboro) area to handle the replacement of my right HID bulb. The left side went out a couple of months ago, and it was just a bulb, so I'm figuring (hoping) that it's just a bulb again this time. If I had the installation guide, I'd consider doing it myself, but would really rather have a pro do it. I don't particularly trust the local Ford dealer, so would prefer that it be done by a trusted independent.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Its a BULB. Change it your self. Everybody should be able to do these simple tasks, its not to complected. remove the rear cover, 4 clips, twist the igniter to the open position and remove, there is a spring clip on the bulb remove the clip from the latch, remove the bulb, install the new bulb with out touching the glass. and re install the rest. you should not even need tools. picture is of the back of the headlight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much. I just looked at it with a coworker (with more mechanical experience than I have), and it looks like we can handle it without problem (or tools).

Regards,
Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New bulb installed, but still no light. Is the next stop the ballast, or is there something else to check?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
i would say check all the wiring first and then the ballast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, now I'm going to sound sorta dumb here, but here goes:

Could the issue be the igniter, or do those not go bad?

Is there a test procedure for either one? Should my next stop be a Chilton's?

Thanks,
Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts