Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thumbed through the forums here and other places, watched YouTube videos about the DPS6 transmission troubles and believe I'm ready to get going on replacing a clutch and input seals on my transmission.

The title is rebuilt, meaning I can't get any of this done under warranty. What I'm looking for is a little help on the specialty tools that are required to replace the clutch and input seals as well as any tips or other items I should look out for.

Transmission P/N: BV6P-7000-DC
Known parts needed: F1FZ7B546B (clutch), EV6Z-7052-C (seal kit)

Don't know what tool part numbers are needed or even if I can get them. Is there anyone who might loan/rent them out? They're very expensive and not really necessary for me to buy if I'm only going to use them once. I found some aftermarket tools for about $400 but even that's a lot to shell out for something I'm going to use once. If anyone can loan the tools and/or rent I'm happy to sign something, secure with CC, whatever.

Hoping for constructive feedback. The title is rebuilt as I said and the car is actually my son's. We're stuck with it for the time being and really need to get the transmission fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've thumbed through the forums here and other places, watched YouTube videos about the DPS6 transmission troubles and believe I'm ready to get going on replacing a clutch and input seals on my transmission.

The title is rebuilt, meaning I can't get any of this done under warranty. What I'm looking for is a little help on the specialty tools that are required to replace the clutch and input seals as well as any tips or other items I should look out for.

Transmission P/N: BV6P-7000-DC

Known parts needed: F1FZ7B546B (clutch), EV6Z-7052-C (seal kit)

Don't know what tool part numbers are needed or even if I can get them. Is there anyone who might loan/rent them out? They're very expensive and not really necessary for me to buy if I'm only going to use them once. I found some aftermarket tools for about $400 but even that's a lot to shell out for something I'm going to use once. If anyone can loan the tools and/or rent I'm happy to sign something, secure with CC, whatever.

Hoping for constructive feedback. The title is rebuilt as I said and the car is actually my son's. We're stuck with it for the time being and really need to get the transmission fixed. Thanks.

Well, FordTechMakuLoco has a video where he's running through it. Search his channel for DCT clutch replacement. I've replaced a few conventional clutches in my day (including a '39 Ford 1-ton panel delivery) but this is waaayyyyy out of my league. especially considering the post-reassembly calibration/programming. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe if you are within the warranty period Rebuilt Title is not an issue. Do a thread search, I'm pretty sure that's what I've read here before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts