Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find a set of mid grind cams for the svt focus? or if the cams from ford motorsports.com for the ztec will work. i have a lot of mods and im not all that impressed with the output for what ive done. i have a cold air intake, full 2.5 magnaflow, hotwires and screamindemon pack, port matched and polised head decked 20 thousandsths with a 3 angle valve job, a ztec head gasket, underdrive pulley, fidanza aluminum flywheel, spec stage 2 clutch, the 7r90 program for the diablo tuner, all poly motor mounts, groundwire kit, short throw shifter. im still not seeing the gains i was looking for, my last hope is cams, throttle body, maybe exhaust cam gear, and finally dyno tuned. Can anyone help me get this car moving faster with out nitrous or forced induction.

·
FF Affiliate
31,522 Posts
First off you need a tune the STD Predator tune isnt enough and was only ment for a stock or mild boltons

Second your list is impressive BUT you have a lot of things that dont make any power or very little , my opinion of what all this adds to your power with all your mods taken into account

full 2.5 magnaflow (3 to 4 HP , I would of done the 3 inch)
hotwires and screamindemon pack, (0 HP gain)
port matched and polised head decked 20 thousandsths with a 3 angle valve job,
a ztec head gasket, (6 to 8HP)
underdrive pulley, (0 to 1HP)
fidanza aluminum flywheel, spec stage 2 clutch, (0 HP)
the 7r90 program for the diablo tuner, (0 and with your mods may be hurting you ?)
groundwire kit, (0 HP)

My guess is your in the high 150 add a good tune and may see mid 160`s to low 170

I would like to see you get a TB , 3 inch Exh , VCT Eliminator , this with your added compression and a good custom tune you will be closer to your goal , Just what is your goal ?

I have some cams for the SVT but there not for the faint at heart they are VERY aggressive cams more race then anything for a project i did in 2004 for 2 customers that road race , they will work on the street but there not street friendly at low RPM

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do plan on going to a tuner that can put my car on a dyno and tweak with the diablo to get it 100%, but there are no tuners in my area. i live in bangor maine, and there are dealers in Newhampshire but they wont do tunes. if you know of anyone that can help me with a custom tune let me know!!

where would i find the variable cam time eliminator? or is it just taking a set of adjustable cams for a ztec with a bushing on the intake cam.

my goal is to be able to blow a ztec in my area away in all areas, he gets me in an eighth but i toast him in a quater or from a rolling start. i just dont have the low end horse or tourqe. he has quite a but done to it but i thought with my car starting 30 more horse than him stock would put me to the advantage.

the cams you have, what is the power range? probably higher than what im looking for, id like a set to start between 1500-2500 and go till 7000-7500

·
FF Affiliate
31,522 Posts
If you have a dyno in your area , I go (at a fee) to many areas and do custom tuning

It sounds like to me when you had your head off the VCT cam may not of been reinstalled corectly , I have the VCT Eliminators for 100.00 and you just install regular Zetec cam gears

I dont think you will find a 1500 to 7000 cam other than stock , my cams are more for 3 to 8200

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is interesting... i have heard that the vct is difficult to reinstall and when we did it it didnt seem to be problem... sooooooo i my have done something wrong!! is there a secret to getting back together? we just bolted the sensor back on and alligned the cams with the tool and pretty much put the belt back on!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also... how can i pick up a vct eliminator off of you?

·
FF Affiliate
31,522 Posts
My first guess would be you have your cams off , The VCT will allow you to install 2 regular ADJ cam gears with little to no power loss

I take PayPal (3%) fee , MO or a check , you can email me with the info and a shipping address and we can go from there

email is [email protected]

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts