Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've searched..and haven't found anything definitive. I'm looking for a CAI for the SPI. What are my options? Links appreciated. I live in Az so need a CAI rather than a short ram. Any suggestions?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Any intake for a Zetec will fit the SPI, if you could get the upgraded TB it will take no modinficatio to the intake boot. If not you can just push the boot down as far as you can and then tighten, I ran mine on my SPI like that for 3 yrs without one issue.

Jon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What specifications do there need to be upgraded TB? Are they usually just bolt-on? Will the TB from the Zetec fit the SPI (I work at a Ford dealer so can probably get the Zetec TB easier than anything else)? Thanks for all the help

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
No the zetec will not fit the SPI, the only ones who developed a larger TB for the SPI was Black diamond racing. There is a thread with hopes for a group buy of atleaste 20 so that is gonna be your only chance unless you can find a used one.

Like I said its not hard to make the intake fit, the TB is realy just for a tighter throttle (not much if any HP) but the SCT tuner will do that also.

Jon

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeah get on that bdr group buy thread, we have about 12 orders ready i think ... just waiting on the final number of twenty to get them around $250 each ... otherwise a bushing at home depot will allow you to run a zetec intake on your SPI (60mm-50mm). just take both aprts in and match them up to a correct sized rubber bushing with the metal thread locks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
yea get into that group buy for the BDR TB and then get the F2Focus CAI for $80 new. I've got both and DAMNN.

·
Registered
461 Posts
slim thanks earlier for the suggestion on the f2 intake, I'll be running it in about two weeks (moving right now) ... can't wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts