Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[welcome]
I have a qestions on modifacations.
1) Would cutting off the resignator on the very back and puting a S-pipe in its place, cause problems with the engine?

2) I want to put a after-market suspension on my car, would it reduce the rolling motion when turning? And what brand would you prefer for this?

Pease serious anwsers>
Thanks!!!!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
1) S pipe?
So you want the exhaust to be a center exit?
And no. It won't be a problem.

2) Would help to know what car you actually have, is it a 2010 or is it a SVT?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The Lunchbox mod is what you are talking about with the exhaust and it is VERY commonly done. There are zero side effects from this except for a bit more sound. I had this on my 08 before I got my full exhaust.

As for suspension, if you wanna go cheap go for the FRPP kit. Very well made and will last for a long time. But if you want a lot of low go for coils. H and R coils are like 1200 bucks though, so they are not cheap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) S pipe?
So you want the exhaust to be a center exit?
And no. It won't be a problem.

2) Would help to know what car you actually have, is it a 2010 or is it a SVT?
Its a focus, what other would it be???? A 2010 Ford Focus SVT, Period.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance chat. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for basic maintenance, engine troubles, and recall information. For modifications we have specific forums for your vehicle.

Its a focus, what other would it be???? A 2010 Ford Focus SVT, Period.
Ford only made the SVT from 02-04, and the engine in the SVT is not based on the same engine as the engine Ford used in all vehicles starting in 05. Starting in 05, all Fords used the Duratec 4 cyl engine. I'm going to assume your vehicle is a 2010, and I'll be watching this thread if you suddenly find out your car is an earlier model so I can move it to SVT Performance chat where you'll get the best answer to your questions.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Post a picture of your car so we can help you out. I think that would be the best thing to do in this situation.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
He probably messed up typing up the year in the profile.. I don't remember there being a "blue flame" color for the 2010s. Was there a blue flame color for the SVT?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
He has a 2010, or that is what the picture on his profile is of.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Oh I didn't go further in. Ok nevermind

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Yes, upgrading the suspension will help decrease body roll. Read the posts over here for the different options for your car
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=50

Ford racing makes shocks/springs that work well together (about 1.5" lower) and wont hurt the bank or on the opposite end of the price and more performance you can look into coil overs. After that you can look into getting larger sway bars if you want to tighten up the suspension further.

Can you post some pictures of your SVT 2010 Focus? :)
(it is not a 2010 SVT btw ;) )

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
somebody put an "SVT" badge or sticker on a 2010 and sold it to this guy at a premium. And in MI of all places! I believe that is grounds for a hanging or at least a public caning.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This VVVV

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car was a normal 2010 ford focus SE. "WAS" is the key word. The reason why it is a 2010 AND a SVT is because my grandfather and I took it to the ford racing team in Michigan and they put as much mods from other SVTs and tuned them so the car wouldn't screw its self up. But i had to remove the cold air intake because water got in it and i removed a turbo because of it sucking gas a lil too much. i did get my exhaust done, the previous resantor was shot to hell because a pot hole in a parking lot.... *stupid pot holes...*

·
Registered
505 Posts
i agree ^^^^

·
Registered
761 Posts
:s
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 28 Posts